Sunday, December 19, 2010

"Limits of Control"

This was the last song written musically for the demo, but the first song written lyrically and also my real first attempt at writing lyrics for an entire song.
Change is inevitable. Things often happen that we dont want to have happen. Sometimes those things are so out of our hands that we start to feel hopeless. We question whether life is worth trying. The past 4 years of my life have tested me and put me through some of the hardest realities I've ever had to face. But as the dust settled, I discovered that no matter what happens, life continues on, but thats the real test of human condition....
We can either crawl in a hole or stand with our arms wide open and embrace all that life has to offer. Its so easy for people to discover that negativity is an optional alternative to deal with the turns that life puts in front of us. Its easier to act "hard" and say we hate everything and shun the very idea of being positive. I led myself down that path. A dark place filled with self doubt, suicide, hate, confusion and an overall terrible way to live.
But once I realized, that just because life wasn't going the way I wanted it to, that didn't mean that the whole idea of living was worth nothing. It just meant I was too lazy to change myself and admit that I was the one who was wrong, and that if I wanted things to change and be better, then that change had to start within myself.
Overall, this song is one that I hope someone can read and find that little light in themselves to make their own lives better and focus on themselves and their faults before thinking that the world needs to change around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment